header  

Our locomotives

WILLY THE WELL-TANK

“Willy the Well-Tank” is an 0-4-0 tank engine built by Kerr Stuart in 1918 to a somewhat primitive Borrows design. It was sold to the National Shipyard at Chepstow, where it worked all its life before being sold by Fairfield Mabey in 1982. It is presently undergoing a heavy general overhaul after which it will operate as the works shunter, although it will be available for hire for special events.

The overhaul was completed in August 2012 and the locomotive is now in service.
Willy the Well-Tank, under repair

17 April 2009
  'Willy' on trial at Fawley

22 August 2012
'Willy' at the Welland Steam Rally

21 September 2012